Get your omega-3 on! These Mahi Mahi Tacos with Corn & Tomato Salsa from Cook Smarts features an amazing yet simple spice blend seasoning. The fish is oven baked, making this meal super quick and healthy.
Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 1 pound Mahi Mahi (you can also use Tilapia)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 small 100% corn tortillas (approx. 50 calories each; certified gluten-free if needed)
- Optional toppings: 1 avocado, sliced; a squeeze fresh lime juice
Corn and Tomato Salsa
- 1 bulb shallots, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400F.
Toss together salsa ingredients (corn, shallots, tomatoes, and cilantro with paprika and red wine vinegar) and set aside.
Rinse and dry the Mahi Mahi. Slice into 3/4” thick pieces. Brush or spray a sheet pan with some cooking oil. Mix together coriander, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and oil. Toss sliced mahi mahi in spice mixture and spread out into 1 layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 8 to 12 minutes, until fish is golden on the outside and opaque in the middle.
Warm up tortillas according to package instructions and assemble your tacos. Fill with fish, salsa, and top with avocado and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 tacos + 1/4 of salsa, divided (avocado and lime juice not included)
Per serving: Serves: Calories: 312; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 106g; Sodium: 436mg; Total Carbohydrate: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 31g