With everything unknown about what goes into commercial fish sticks, making your own at home is a must! That’s why I love this recipe for homemade fish sticks in the new cookbook by Annabel Karmel! With real ingredients that you can pronounce, without added chemicals and preservatives, you can have your own fish sticks at home. Plus, how can you go wrong with a cookbook called “100 Meals in Minutes!” Of all the cookbooks I own, the ones that promise quick meals are my favorite!
If you haven’t visited Annabel’s sites or her recipes, it’s a go to for us. Her food looks so delicious, I think any kid would eat it!
- 1 1/2 cup – bread crumbs, plain
- 1/2 cup – Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped – chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1 large – egg
- 1 tbsp – water
- 1 dash – salt
- 2 fillet – fish, flounder
- 2 tbsp – canola oil
- Put the bread crumbs, cheese, and chives in a food processor and whiz to combine. Spread the bread crumb mixture on one plate and the flour on a second plate. Beat the egg with the water and salt in a shallow dish.
- Remove skin and cut into 8 pieces from fish. Dust the fish fillets with the flour, then dip in egg, and coat in bread crumbs. Lay the fillets on a cutting board or baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the fillets for 2 minutes, each side, until golden and cooked through. You will probably need to do this in two to three batches. Blot with paper towels before serving .