Baked Costa Rican style fish with black beans and rice is a very healthy main dish that you could easily prepare for dinner. I especially like this dish because it’s also contains all the carbohydrate, quality protein and fiber that you need for an after running recovery. The fish is soft and juicy, goes well with the sweet sour seasoned beans and rice, that soaked with chicken broth. You could pair this dish with a glass of sparkling wine or dry white wine to make the meal fancier.
I used home made salsa and black beans in this dish, but you could substitute with jarred salsa and canned black beans. Moreover, I used half white half brown rice, to make this dish even healthier. The seasoning of this dish is quite light, so try to use fresh orange, lime (or lemon) to generate the juice, which will give it refresh and fruity flavor. I adapted this recipe from Food Network.
Costa Rican Style Roast Fish
Author: Omnivore's Cookbook
Recipe type: Main
- 300g fish fillet (tilapia, bass, or catfish)
Ingredients for marinate
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- grounded black pepper
Ingredients for bakingSee also:
- Here are the best latex & foam mattress brand reviews, price list, buying guide and more.