But honestly, everything was made with mayo. That’s the only dressing type of sauce we had back then. So everything was made with mayo. Basically, you could throw a bunch of any ingredients together and as long as you add mayo it will turn out fine.:)
All salads were made with mayo as well as meat, fish, potatoes, appetizers. There was even liver cake with mayo (the most gross thing ever if you ask me). So you get the idea. This particular recipe has only 1 tbsp of organic mayo, everything else is super-duper healthy.
I love white fish! It’s really like chicken of the sea, don’t you agree?! Cooking fish is easy, especially in North America – cleaned, filled, skinned. Many people do not like fish. I think they just don’t know what to do with it. It’s like eggplant, totally undiscovered vegetable.
This White Fish Bake Recipe is super easy and healthy. Only 167 calories, 2 g of carbs and 30 g of protein. OMG! I’ll take that. Anyone who works out knows the value of protein. And I do. In the last month I lost 3 more inches of my defining body and I have consumed a lot of protein and Magic Bullet Green Smoothies with brown rice protein.
You could make this in a dutch oven but the Greek yogurt will cook and separate. So no, don’t do that!:) I had rock fish on hand. Another great fish would be red snapper, cod, tilapia or sole (I’m not a fan). Save halibut for a nice steak.
I don’t think I would freeze the leftovers. I personally don’t like the way fish freezes and especially with yogurt.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
- 2 lbs any white fish fillets, whole (I used rockfish)
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt, plain (I used Liberte)
- 1 tbsp light mayo (I used organic Trader Joe's)
- 1 carrot, medium, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3-4 lemon slices
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray. Brown all fish fillets on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place tightly in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish. You will see juice coming out of the fish, it's OK, just leave it.
- Using the same skillet fry sliced onion until golden brown on medium heat. Add shredded carrot and brown for another 5 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt, light mayo, chopped dill, fried onion and carrot, salt & pepper to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place slices of lemon on top of layered fish. Spread yogurt mixture evenly on top of fish with a spatula so it covers it all like a blanket.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Broil on low for extra 5 minutes.
- Let the fish stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut with a knife or a spatula in 8 slices. Serve with your choice of grain and/or salad.
The recipe and images are property and copyright of iFOODreal.com