I’ve prepared the pan fried cod for this photo recipe, but you can cook pretty much fresh fish of any kind in the same way. Just make sure you scale fish before (if it has scales) and cut into portion pieces suitable for frying.
I like to serve fried fish with Potato Puree, but you may find some other side dish for it.
- 2lb of fresh cod fillet
- 3-4 fresh eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- Sunflower oil
- Salt by taste
- Wash cod fillet in cold water and cut into portion pieces:
- Crack all eggs into a bowl, add a bit of salt and mix. Pour flour into another bowl:
- Take several pieces of cod, salt them from each side and roll in the flour:
- Put frying pan on the moderate heat and add sunflower oil. When frying pan is warmed up, dip cod pieces into eggs and move them to the frying pan:
- You need to fry each piece of cod from each side till it is ready, depends of the size of cod pieces it can take from 5 till 10 minutes:
- Move prepared cod pieces from the pan to the plate. You may need to repeat steaps 3-5 for the rest of cod pieces, after this your fried cod is ready to be served: