- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen skinless cod or sea bass fillets
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (1 clove)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 - ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8 - ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Thaw fish and shrimp, if frozen. Rinse fish and shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Cover and chill fish and shrimp until needed.
- In large saucepan, cook onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Carefully stir in 1 cup broth and wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in fish and shrimp. Return just to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are opaque. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 165 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 87 mg chol., 459 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (2 g fiber), 19 g pro.
Italian Beef Stew Recipe - Spezzatino di manzo
Italian fish stew (Livorno-style cacciucco)
Recipe: Sicilian Fish Stew