- 2 medium (400g) Potatoes, peeled
- 400g flaked Smoked Fish
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander
- 4 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh Ginger
- 1 large Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated Lemon zest
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce to serve
Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes until the potatoes are half cooked. Drain, cool slightly and grate.
Place the grated potato, smoked fish, coriander, spring onions, ginger, chilli, lemon zest, egg and black pepper into a bowl. Mix well and form the mixture into 12 fish cakes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the fish cakes over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper towels and serve with sweet chilli sauce.See also: